Sunday, June 19, 2011

House Progress Mo' 'gain

I have hung more drywall than I care to think about. I haven't taken pictures of the drywall as it's not so exciting to look at, but imagine that all the before pictures with the bottom two feet of the walls missing now have the drywall there. We are almost completely done hanging the drywall.

I was fortunate enough to be put in touch with a plumber who is willing to help me out on his own time. He works professionally for a company that would charge me over double what he is willing to do the work for. I feel really good about him and have a co-worker to thank for the reference. That being said, he finished all the broken/frozen pipes on Saturday and we're planning on having him back to run a drain for a washer/dryer I am putting upstairs in a couple weeks.

We decided to knock out part of a wall and put a bar-height counter top in for dining space in the basement kitchen. Below are some photos of the progress there. I'll talk a little about each picture too.

So we had to notch the counter top in order to get it in place. This was the creative solution for keeping it a solid counter. We'll be covering it, most likely with tile.

The View of the counter from when you walk in the basement.

The View from the fireplace.

I wanted to test it for strength... and I was tired.

Cameron sad that the only place to lay down in the joint was taken.

Oh yeah... so I have a great website to tell you all about in case you've never discovered dealnews.com. Dealnews is a website that will daily give a list of deals that their deal crawlers have come across. Some deals are better than others which is why these next few pictures were taken. I had purchased a rinky dink tile saw at the low end of the quality spectrum as far as tile saws are concerned. I knew I would be needing a tile saw to put in the tile floors that I intend to lay. A couple weeks later, I saw a deal on dealnews that gave me a mid-grade saw for the same price as the rinky dink saw I had purchased. Long story short, I didn't need to assemble the tile saw as soon as it had come, but I couldn't help myself. This is me taking a break from constructive construction to do some less-constructive construction :)



This be the latest on the house and its goings on. Happy Father's Day E'body :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Jimmy told me about your blog! You can find ours at the provided link, I'm sure! Looks like things are coming along! If you need help, I volunteer Jimmy to go down there. :P He should learn this stuff sometime, right? Don't be afraid to ask! And, I can always keep Ansley occupied with Jae :)

    ReplyDelete